Monday, August 1, 2011

Why Do We Homeschool?

Let me preface this by saying that I am super passionate about homeschooling for OUR family. I don't think that homeschooling is for everyone. I truly believe it is a calling from God for me, just like being a full-time homemaker, which again not everyone is called to do. I simply share why we homeschool so you will have insight into more than the how.

Why Do We Homeschool?

1) I feel like I am called by God to homeschool.
When I gave my life to Christ (7/13/2003), shortly after he started pressing on my heart to homeschool. We didn't even have kids yet (shoot, we weren't even married yet). Over the years He has pulled me more and more. If there was no other reason, this would be enough.

2) I want my children to have a Christ-based and Bible-based education. We just cannot afford private Christian school for one kid, let alone the 3 or 4 we would love to have. Even if we could, I still feel called and want to follow that calling. We are able to teach the Bible and all of our resources are Bible-based which makes me so thrilled especially in Science and Social Studies. Not to mention the ability to character train and disciple all day.

3) I really enjoy being with my kids during the day and love the interaction that they have with each other. I truly believe if they were in school 7+ hours a day that we would not be able to have the strength and depth of our relationship. I think it is great for the kids to be able to really be together more than for just dinner, bath, and a little playtime at night.

Of course there are many more reasons, but these are the top 3 and most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment