Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our 1st Day of CO-OP


Today was our 1st day of CO-OP. I'll admit that while I was really excited about it, I had my concerns as well. I had a strong feeling that Luke would do great, but I was a little nervous about leaving Nathan for 3 hours in someone else's care. He has only ever been left for about 1 1/2 hours at church for worship or Wednesday night services.

In case no one knows, I am a super anal, over thinking type of person. I think of every little detail and schedule our life a lot. I don't really know how to operate in the unknown. Today was one of those days.

Would Nathan be fussy without mommy there? (I thought he would probably do good with that part)

Would he take a nap? (This was my biggest concern - him not getting a nap and being ill)

Would he do okay for the whole 3 hours? (Again, a big concern especially if he didn't nap)

I prayed and prayed about it all. I prepared as much as I could. I sent his blankie, his snugglie, and his glow worm that plays sweet music.

When we got there, he went to the lady with zero issue, kissed me goodbye, and I felt good about leaving him. When I picked him up, he was happy. She said, "He did great. He played, had a bottle, and even took a nap." He only fussed a couple of minutes (which he does at home). YAY!!!! PRAYERS ANSWERED!

Luke enjoyed his two classes and got to and from each place with no problem (they have class transporting people). He loved the Lego building and inventors classes. They studied Ben Franklin today and he made a kite with a key on the string. How fun?! He said, "I LOVED IT!!!!!" when I picked him up. Just what I expected. So glad he is able to learn neat things that he is interested in and make some great homeschooling friends.

I enjoyed myself. I am a floater the first class time. A few moms and I will be filling in the needs as they show up each week. I am excited about this role because I will be in different places each week. It is a great way to learn about different classes and meet different teachers and students. The other hour I am in a new members class. This is for people that are new to the CO-OP. It was great today getting to know one another. I feel like I already have some great friends.

Homeschooling is awesome and there are so many great groups to learn and have fun with. I am so glad that God worked this one out and we got in. I think it is going to be a great year. I am excited.

As a bonus, we got to go to the park with some of the families after CO-OP. It was great to meet lots of new friends and have the kids play and make friends as well. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment