Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kindergarten Curriculum - History - Little Pilgrims

Kindergarten Curriculum - History

What We Are Using: Little Pilgrims by Christian Liberty Press

How I Found It:
I went back and forth on whether or not I should include history in our curriculum this year. I didn't know if it was completely necessary. I looked at some that seemed really advanced for Kindergarten. My great friend, Vicky, who works at The Homeschool Gathering Place, showed the series to me and I thought it looked great.

Why I Chose It:
I chose it because it is really simple, is completely Biblical, and is a great start to history. It gives a general overview of history from Creation to current times to Christ's return. There is a Bible verse for each unit to memorize.

What Will We Be Doing?
2-3 days a week we will be doing lessons. We will read, go over our memory verse, and do a few little projects to re-enforce what we are learning.

I am really excited about this curriculum. I am hoping it isn't too simple for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment