Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kindergarten Curriculum - Spelling - All About Spelling

Kindergarten Curriculum - Spelling

What We Are Using: All About Spelling

How I Found It:
My friend, Chandres, another homeschooler, highly recommended this series to me. I wanted to do something that wasn't just spelling lists and she said this was great.

Why I Chose It: It is a great system that builds on itself. The teacher and student work together with some tiles and other tools to learn how to spell. It is great because it isn't just memorizing lists.

What Will We Do? In conjunction with our reading curriculum, we will be doing daily lessons to learn each exercise. We started with short vowels, then the rest of the phonograms, then the long vowels, and then build on it. We will work through the curriculum building each day/week/level.

Overall I love the curriculum we are using so far. I think we will really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment